Sunday, March 8, 2015

Masala Chai and a Bohemian Blend

Hey everyone! I hope you all had a great Holi and a great weekend. I always feel like the weekends go by way too fast. But lately I feel like the work week has had a good steady pace, too.  Just a small FYI, I may be posting the next few Sundays late or early (I don't know which yet)--I will be going on vacation to recharge my batteries. I am going to try to convince Earth to do some guest blogging while I am gone.

Dress: League Ananda La @Uber, Necklace and Earrings: Yummy Boho Blue and Silver @Uber, Hair: Truth Delphine @Uber, Skin: Glam Affair Alice Cygana Jamaica @Uber, Eyes: Redgrave Catgreen and Natural6 Lashes, Slink hands, Mouth: Whatever Fang Teeth

Uber opened on the 24th (or was it the 25th.... I can't even remember) and the new theme is Bohemian. Let me just say, wow. First, I really like the hair by Truth Hawks this round (I normally do...); it is a large braid, and looks more like a twisted curl, in the back with options for flowers or butterflies to add in front and back. I can see myself wearing this hair a lot. I adore braids. Nylon Outfitters has a few items again at the event. I wasn't so interested in the clothes, I was really into the jewelry. I really like the turquoise and silver earrings and necklace. The necklace has got strands of turquoise layered on top of each other, and it is rather large, but not obnoxiously so. Currently I have it paired with an outfit I bought from Uber by League. It is a long sweater/skirt combo and has a cool leather belt. I, of course, bought the white/gray dress and the necklace and earrings pair so well. I really like the look. Very bohemian, and also very simple and subdued.

My FAVORITE thing at Uber this round is a skirt by CandyDoll. There are lots of different prints, and the skirt is very well fitted. I bought two different prints, an Aztec print (it looks more Moroccan than Aztec to me) and a large floral print.  I have this lacy crop top I bought a while back from Chapter Four by Ionic and it pairs perfectly with this skirt by CandyDoll (I am getting really proud of myself more and more for pairing separate pieces together. I used to be horrible at it). I had been planning on buying a skirt/crop top combo from Foxes this round, but unfortunately the top had some fringe (not a lot, but some). It is not very noticeable from afar, so I didn't really notice it in the preview pictures.

Shirt: Ionic Lace Crop Top, Skirt: CandyDoll: Luna Skirt Aztec III @Uber, Shoes: Just Design Boho Vintage Brick @Uber, Necklaces: Yummy Hamsa, Shining Crystal and Small Crystal @N21, Earrings: Yummy Boho Earrings Blue/Silver @Uber, Hair: Truth Delphine with Flowers in front and back @Uber, Skin: Glam Affair Alice Cygana Jamaica @Uber, Bracelets: Zenith Cross Anchor Love and Izzie's Eternity Bracelet, Nosering: Zaara Ayanna, Ring: Aisling The Good Wife, Eyes: Redgrave Catgreen and Natural6 Lashes. Slink Hands and High Feet

Now a bit of a side note:  I know I have mentioned this before, but I am not a fan of fringe. I don't know what it is, but to me it just makes an outfit look unfinished most of the time. I do realize a LOT of people like fringe; it is in style, and it is quite bohemian.... However.....I still don't like it. I know I am weird. Fringe just doesn't do it for me. I will admit there are some fringe items I like. And some people look fantastic in fringe... Like my Soul Sister, Kalia, she bought the outfit by Foxes and she looks GREAT in it. She was wearing it at The Woods on my Birth/Rez Day the week before and she looked amazing. She can pull off fringe. I look like a hobo (not even a stylish hobo chic....like the hobo living behind your house in the woods).

The Arcade opened up on Sunday, March 1st and I hate to admit this, but I spent the WHOLE day trying to teleport in...with no success--but this is usual with The Arcade. When I was finally able to get in,  I got almost everything I wanted from The Arcade. Not many outfits in this round, more accessories and home items. There is a "Arabian Nights" styled outfit set by Enfant which I feel in love with as soon as I saw the previews. There is a gamer girl outfit set by Birdy Foxes which was cute, and a Wonderland set by Pixicat. The big jewelry items I wanted was by Schadenfreude wee beastie rings and Nylon Outfitters(Yummy) Lucky Cat Necklaces. I was lucky enough to have gotten every thing I wanted from all the vendors, except one..... Of course there is only one. The hairs by Tableau Vivant and Exile are really pretty. Tableau Vivant's is large and not practical for everyday wear...but I like it so much. Exile's hair is very practical, very pretty, and the best part is you get two styles in one pack!

Dress: Zenith Springtime Casual Skirt Sea @FaMESHed, Shoes: L.Warwick Svannah in Navy, Necklace: Yummy Celestial Burst, Ring: Aisling The Good Wife, Bracelet: Yumyums Sailors Token Steel Anchor and Earthstones Twisted Peppermint Stick, Hair: Tableau Vivant Shiny @Shiny Shabby, Skin: December II Jamaica, Eyes: Redgrave Catgreen and Natural6 Lashes, Slink hands and feet, Mouth: Whatever Fang Teeth


FaMESHed opened as well on Sunday, with way more success in the teleporting department. I was able to get in quick (about the fifth try).  I bought Zenith's new Springtime Casual dress in the sailor print because I do love ocean stuff (I am a marine biologist). The sleeves of the dress go to the elbow and are bunched up, giving it a more "Real Life" look/feel. Also there is an outfit set by Lumiere--it is a sheer top and a patterned shorts. Both pieces are separate, so you can pick your combo. It is rather more expensive (it was about $500L together), but it does look really well. For the shirts there are three options, a full shirt, partial for an open jacket (that option goes with longer jackets not cropped) and a closed jacket option (again, also longer jackets). I think the shirt would look great with a cropped jacket, but the string in the back (which also happens to be one of my favorite parts of the shirt) doesn't go with the cropped jackets I have. I need to do some pairing with hair and jackets. Even without a jacket, it looks stunning and simple. Very Springy. I like it.

Outfit: Lumiere Apparel Sheer Top Nude and Trouser Shorts Floral#3 @FaMESHed, Shoes: Reign Bohemian Energy Wedges, Handbag: Glam Affair Maria Clutch @FaMESHed, Bracelets: Glam Affair Bangles Candy, Necklace: Yummy Embelished Key Necklace Gold, Earrings: Aisling Roz, Hair: Exile Scribbled Hearts, Skin: Glam Affair Amberly II Jamaica, Eyes: Redgrave Catgreen and Natural6 Lashes, Slink Hands and Feet

My post is long...Really long...so I will stop there for now.  I hope you all had a wonderful Holi, had a great weekend, and I hope this week is full of fun times and lots of shopping. Much Love~


SURLS:

Uber:    http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Uber/130/255/33

The Arcarde:    http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/The%20Arcade/129/132/32

FaMESHed:    http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/FaMESHed/120/123/3488

No comments:

Post a Comment