Sunday, July 6, 2014

~Wait Till the Kettle Whistles~

Skin: Unique Megastore Ethnic India, Dress: Junbug Sally, Hair: Truth Oceana, Earrings: Earthstones Tahiti Pearls, Necklace: Yummy Anchor Necklace, Eyeshadow: Senzafine Safira eyeshadow+liner Amber, Eyelash: Redgrave -16-Elemental

Sorry for taking so long to get back to the blog; I have been without a computer this whole time, and now finally have a new, new computer. I didn't know what to put in this blog entry since I haven't been online for a while. I will however talk to you all about some of the fashion festivals/fairs/events going on, and what I thought about them.

First, Collabor88:  This past round's theme is very nautical. And I love it! As a marine biologist in real life, all things ocean I simply adore. So, imagine me surprised and excited when I log on for the first time in over a month and teleport to Collabor88 and see all the beautiful nautical themed items. I was ecstatic. If you love to be on the ocean, beach, and anything nautical, head on over to Collabor88 and check out what the wonderful creators and designers have put together for this month's round.

Second, Summerfest '14:   This is a fashion fair/event of sorts that completely revolves around, you guessed it, Summer! I feel in love with a dress, some sunglasses, and a few pairs of shoes; yet again lots of nautical, and summertime, items to be had.  I ended up taking my Second Life sister there because we were looking for some shorts and a few cut-off tops. She ended up teleporting away with some pretty summery sexy looks. All the people who have participated in Summerfest...Wow! It's a very clean set up and there are little treasures in every beach hut. Not much for the male avatars, but that leads me to The Men's Department.

Third, The Men's Department:  Now, TMD is not just for men...well it sort of is, but it has some unisex clothing as well as home decor, poses, accessories.  TMD is in the summer spirit as well and everything is relaxed and simple. Lots of nice open collared shirts, t-shirts, shoes and shorts for the summer.  I always check out TMD for little items for me and for clothes my partner would look handsome in--TMD NEVER disappoints(yes I meant for never to be all capitalized). By the way, if you are a man and you are reading this...Please go to The Men's Department! Us ladies do like a sexy looking well dressed man.

Skin: Unique Megastore Ethnic India, Dress: Junbug Sally, Hair: Truth Oceana, Earrings: Earthstones Tahiti Pearls, Necklace: Yummy Anchor Necklace, Ring: Earthstones Splendid Love Bridal Set, Shoes: *COCO* Lace Espadrille, Eyeshadow: Senzafine Safira eyeshadow+liner Amber, Eyelash: Redgrave -16-Elemental

Fourth, Genre:  I hope all of you have heard about Genre. It is an amazing event, held every month, which revolves around a particular group or theme in Second Life. Some of the more recent themes have been Furry, Big Band Era, Mermaids, and this months theme....ARABIAN! I am all for ethnic and exotic. My heart goes pitter-patter for all things cultural. So when I went to check out Genre, I was again excited (I think Second Life missed me, and this is why all the events I have been to have been awesome~). Lots of nice, great quality items ranging from home decor, skins, jewelry, clothes, and makeup. There are a few harem outfits, not silks, jut harem girl outfits, and where I do have quit a few harem outfits, the ones out at Genre, where they are nice, I thought they were lacking in some detail. Don't get me wrong, the outfits that are out are of a good quality and cheap (Genre has a thing where items are 100L$ or less)--yet for me there was something lacking...maybe a lack of gold embroidery, or some beading...I don't know, but the outfits are simple and pretty.

Fifth, We <3 Role-Play:  I almost missed last months round of We <3 Role-Play (WHRP), and I am glad I didn't, and this months round just opened yesterday afternoon. I was lucky enough to have been able to get into the event on the second try (for those of you who don't know about WHRP--which is not cool, now you know, so go check it out...NOW!--whenever WHRP opens every month with the region is constantly full for the first day. Some people have more patience than I do and they are fine waiting a few days to go...I am not patient when it comes to new clothes and fun items with which I know I do not need, but MUST HAVE). Hooray for me getting in! And I almost went broke when I went. This round has so much awesomeness....I don't even know what to say. If you haven't checked out "The Blogging Elf", you need to. She blogs about the rounds and posts pictures of the items to tease you right before the event opens every month. I was able to get quit a lot of items for what I paid.

Sixth, Fit for a Princess:  I made it just in time to see last months round from Fit for a Princess and I was lucky enough to get a very cute denim dress that had this amazing floral Cardigan by Sew Chic, but a new round is coming up soon, and I am excited to see what the theme is (the have had floral, light, and modern) for this upcoming round.

Seventh, The Liaison Collaborative:  This months round from The Liaison Collaborative is Bali. The clothes are simple, yet full of color. The fashion part of the Liaison isn't very large, but the quality (GASPS) so amazing.
Alas, there are way more events and plenty of new releases from some of my favorite stores in the last month (everyone I guess has been inspired by the Summer muses), but I won't discuss them this time. Since I haven't spent enough time exploring and meeting people and talking to friends, I feel horrible I don't have a story to tell you. I am going to post the Surls for the some of the events I have mentioned at the bottom of the blog in case anyone wants to check them out...you totally should.

Skin: Unique Megastore Ethnic India, Dress: Junbug Sally, Hair: Truth Oceana, Earrings: Earthstones Tahiti Pearls, Necklace: Yummy Anchor Necklace, Ring: Earthstones Splendid Love Bridal Set, Shoes: *COCO* Lace Espadrille, Eyeshadow: Senzafine Safira eyeshadow+liner Amber, Eyelash: Redgrave -16-Elemental

We <3 Role-Play- http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Evanda%20Island/137/47/4001
Genre- http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Analog%20Dog%20Hair/30/166/3160
Summerfest'14- http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Pacific%20Isle/204/76/31
The Men's Department- http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/TMD/121/199/22
Fit for a Princess- http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Seawind%20Cove/165/102/698
Collabor88- http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/8%208/41/178/1089
The Liaison Collaborative- http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Fall/170/135/23

If you are interested in checking out more about We <3 Role-Plays items every round, click here.


No comments:

Post a Comment