Saturday, March 14, 2015

A Killer Blend on a Moonless Night

Happy Sunday everyone! As you all know I am on vacation this week and won't be back home until next Sunday. So hopefully, as you read this post I will be sitting on a dock fishing, reading, and drinking some iced tea.



This month's theme for Collabor88 is Moonless Night, I thought it would be a Romantic and Mysterious round...more Mysterious than anything. What do we all do when the Sun is down and the Moon is hidden? What do you do when the stars are your only witnesses? Personally, I don't have anything to hide (at least I think I don't, I am a pretty open book).  I was really surprised with what everyone came up with for the theme. Apparently Moonless Night can be more interpreted as a theme towards the old TV show Twin Peaks. I am not familiar with Twin Peaks at all, so I had to do some light research into it.  Basic overview, Murder happens in the small mountain town of Twin Peaks, Washington. Sexy FBI guy (same actor as Charlotte's ex-husband Trey from Sex in the City) comes to town to solve the murder. That sums up what I got from my research. So a few of the items and references made with the items I unfortunately don't understand.  I was thinking it was going to be more towards romance, murder, and just plain mystery. But I guess Twin Peaks encompasses that...just not what I was expecting. I wish I got the references and hype on it.

Shirt: Tres Blah Angora Sweater @Collabor88, Skirt: Bueno Denim skirt @Collabor88, Hair: Exile Give @The Arcade, Shoes: Ingenue Laura Heels @Collabor88, Earrings: Erratic AEA Rose Pearl @The Arcade, Rings: Aisling The Good Wife and Schadenfreude Fox Wee Beastie @The Arcade, Necklace: Maxi Gossamer Love Surrender, Skin: Glam Affair Amberly Lovely Day @Collabor88, Eyes: RedGrave Catgreen and Natural6 Lashes, Slink hands and feet

Overall, quite a few Twin Peaks references with the outfits. Like Nylon Outfitters/Yummy has some Letterman Jackets and accessories with references to the show.  There is a pretty Angora sweater by Tres Blah this round--there is a pencil skirt you can buy to go with it, but I wasn't a fan of the skirt. I also bought a denim skirt by Bueno, and both sweater and skirt do go well together. I also bought the outfit by ISON for this round. The dress has leather straps around the waist and arms, and it does remind me of a gun holster law enforcement would use. I also bought lots of shoes at this event. I couldn't help myself. And I normally don't fall for shoes in Second Life--Real Life is a whole different story.

Dress: ISON Wednesday @Collabor88, Rings: Ariskea Mystery Girl Silver @Collabor88, Boots: ISON Moonless Boots @Collabor88, Necklace: Maxi Gossamer Secret Love Letter Locket @Collabor88, Skin: Amberly Lovely Day @Collabor88, Hair: Tableau Vivant Clio @We <3 Role-Play, Eyes: Redgrave Catgreen and Natural6 Lashes, Slink hands and feet

Compared to last week, this post is super short.  I hope you all have enjoyed this week's post. I promise to spare a moment and think of you while I am soaking up some Vitamin D. Earth will have a Fashion Flashback for you lovelies next Sunday for the day I get back. I have a feeling it is going to be a very wonderful post. Lots of Hugs and Smooches~


SURLS:

Collabor88:    http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/8%208/60/201/1086


No comments:

Post a Comment