Sunday, January 4, 2015

Earl Grey on a Winter Afternoon

I hope everyone had a fantastic and safe New Year.  I know I did; I may have had a bit too much champagne and saki, but it was New Years!



Uber opened on New Year's Eve, and this round's theme is Opulence.  For those of you who do not know what opulence means, opulence is wealth, riches, or affluence--the designers this round sure did keep with the theme.  Everything is elegant, almost over the top with gems, and the price range for a majority of the items is expensive.  The hair by Truth Hawks is similar to last month's hair; it is long, curly, AND it comes with a head jewel(head jewel has a separate color change hud so the jewel can match any outfit).  As usual the hair is at a slight discount since Truth is the main sponsor for the event.  Almost everything else though...is expensive.  Zenith has a very pretty dress at the event and it is slightly more costly than her other items at similar events.  I love the style and the textures, I did not like how the dress is flat chested...like flat.... I still bought the dress, because like I said, I love the style, and the look. But the complete lack of chest is very new and odd to me.  I have the Truth hair paired with it, so the hair goes over the breasts, this way it is more difficult to tell it is in fact flat, but still...flat chested is not really a great look on me.

Dress: Zenith Rose Vintage Chiffon Dress @Uber, Jewelry: Yummy Diamond Chandelier Earrings, Pearl and Diamond Bracelet and Necklace @Uber, Hair: Truth Minerva with Jewelry @Uber, Lip Gloss: Mudskin YumYum Dark, Shoes: Tulip Studded Loafer Clay, Skin: Glam Affiar Artemis Jamaica, Eyes: Redgrave Catgreen, Eyelashes: Natural
Nylon Outfitters is a guest designer at Uber, and her Russian Princess dress is gorgeous and simple, and the price is reasonable--Nylon Outfitters always at Collabor88 (also does Yummy Jewelry) so her prices are always good.  I bought the black/gold long princess dress, slink nail appliers, and jewelry.  I also got the fur stole that goes with the dress, but somehow the stole doesn't look right in the chest area.  The dress goes over the front of the stole, and gives it an odd look.  I do like the whole look though. Very regal, very opulent, so this designer did an fantastic job sticking to theme.  Baiastice came out with a high-low dress for this event, which is expensive in price, 445$L (just FYI this is an almost normal type price for her elegant dresses and such, so for this designer, it is normal at well worth the Linden).  I bought the white, my twin Earth bought the purple. The colored dresses have a glitter back, and the neutral colors are plain on the back.  Both looks are very rich in style. I love the gold built in belt. For something so simple, it adds so much.

Due to prices this round, I wasn't able to buy everything I wanted right when it opened.  There is a dress/fur shawl combo by Foxes, and Tres Blah has a glitter skirt and halter top combo there as well.  both Foxes and Tres Blah, for their combos you buy the pieces separately, and both pieces add up to +400$L, so I will be buying them at a later date.

Dress: Baiastice Mida Dress @Uber, Jewelry: Ymmy Diamond Chandelier Earrings, Pearl and Diamond Necklace @Uber and Ice Ring Quartz and Gold @Collabor88, Hair: Truth Harmony Bun, Skin: Glam Affair AngelicaV2 Jamaica, Eyes: Redgrave Catgreen , Eyelashes: Natural
FaMESHed opened on the 1st, and this round has a few nice pieces.  I bought the sweater chiffon skirt dress by Zenith. I also bought the scarf she made to go with the dress. The completed outfit looks well put together, and has an element of fun, I think.  Also, I haven't been much of a fan of the store Noodles, but at FaMESHed this month the designer has bracelets that come in packs of three. Each bracelet says something positive.  I bought two packs, both packs I felt had a connection to me and my optimistic thoughts and feelings towards life.  I wish I could re-size them-- I went to make them larger, but I didn't see a script on the contents, and the hud only changes color. Someone on Seraphim stated they were re-sizable, so I will have to go back to FaMESHed and look at the stall.  Maybe I am just having a brain fart over it.  I am going to have to mess with them.  I like the bracelets and for one set it is 250$L... So I did drop a bit of Linden to get these two packs, but for me they were worth it, and they still are, I just need to re-size them!

Dress: Zenith Cream Sweater with Chiffon Dress @FaMESHed, Scarf: Zenith Sweater Scarf @FaMESHed, Hair: Truth Harmony Bun, Shoes: Gos Carrie Pumps in Ivory, Earrrings: Yummy Pearl Studs @Uber, Skin: Glam Affair Angelica V2 Jamaica, Eyelashes: Redgrave Natural, Eyes: Redgrave Catgreen, Ring: Yummy Ice Ring Quartz Gold@ Collabor88
I went to an event I had not heard of before, and I am glad I now know about it...or maybe I have heard of it, and just never really thought about it.... Oneword. Oneword is a bimonthly event where it's members vote for a word, and the word with the highest vote is the theme for the next round.  This round's theme is Dream.  I didn't buy any outfits at this event, but I did buy some poses and a chair that looks dreamy and the poses are quite nice.  The prices were very reasonable, and if you join the group, there are quite a few free gifts at the front of the event on the shelves which are nice. Not huge, but nice little gifts.  I hadn't heard of this event before, and I am glad I know of it now.  I joined the group, and it will be nice to see what future words inspire the designers.

Since the Holiday Season is almost over, I am looking forward to the Chinese New Year in February (February 19th for those of you who don't follow).  So Happy New Year everyone, and I hope all of you have a prosperous and happy year!



SURLS:

Uber:    http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Uber/131/127/27

FaMESHed:    http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Fresco/173/168/36

Openword:    http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/The%20Emerald%20City/115/143/3501

No comments:

Post a Comment