Sunday, July 19, 2015

Mermaids Must Have a Kelp-y Brew

Happy Sunday my Tea Readers! This past week has been crazy busy again for me. On a positive note, I didn't work yesterday. I like working on Saturdays because it is quiet and I get a lot of work done. However, it stinks having only a day off ,then going back to work on Monday. Good news, I still have done a lot this past week, including getting this week's post done.~

Outfit: Baiastice Oceane Dress with Mermaid Jewel Bra @Collabor88, Hair: D!va Ariel @Collabor88, Ring: Aisling The Good Wife, Necklace: Maxi Gossamer Serena Seashells and Pearls @Collabor88, Skin: Glam Affair Katra, Eyes: IKON Charm and Redgrave Natural6 Lashes, Slink Hands and Feet

Okay, this summer's theme is appearing to be mermaids, because mermaids is the theme for Collabor88, Season's Story's backdrop is some mermaid ruins, and later this summer Enchantment will start and the story theme is The Little Mermaid. So yea, this summer is very "under the sea". As a marine biologist I adore the sea and all sea-life. If I could have one wish it would be to become a mermaid. I just love the idea of swimming around all day, looking at all the life under the water and playing with fish and cetaceans, even some of the perils of underwater life don't really phase me. I think I would make an awesome mermaid.

When I saw the theme for Collabor88 last month was chosen for "Under the Sea", I was immediately excited(like when they picked the "Into the Light" and "OMG! Unicorns"). Lots of light blues and purples for this event, and LOTS and LOTS of mermaid stuff--from sea shells to fish scales! I bought the blue ombre tank top by ISON with matching silver fish scale leggings--it is one of the more conservative looks from the event. Baiastice has a really pretty evening gown at the event, and a cute shell bra which is compatible with the dress. Foxes has two dress at the event and I had to be different and buy the blue/purple dress because it just looks so good! My favorite dress buy from the event has to be by Fashionably Dead. This blue dress is a high-lo and has "scales". When I went to the Hair Fair last Saturday evening this tentacled hair by Ohmai looks perfect with it(at least to me it does).

Dress: Fashionably Dead Dorothy @Collabor88, Hair: !Ohmai Salon Tako with Tentacle add on (it moves and twitches too!) @HairFair, Jewelry: Amala The Shell Set @Collabor88, Shoes: Gos Audrey @Collabor88, SLink Hands Feet and Eyelashes, Skin: Glam Affair Katra

The Hair Fair is an annual event which doubles as a fundraiser for "Wigs for Kids". Each vendor has a certain percentage of their profits going towards the "Wigs for Kids" charity. The event opened last Saturday, and this year I went to the event so prepared! I don't think I have EVER planned out my shopping this intense before. I did all my normal research, Strawberry Singh was kind enough in one of her blog posts to link the Eloquence Blog which has pictures, prices, and locations for each vendor. So what did I do Saturday morning when I had a break at work? I looked at the hairs, and wrote the vendors and the locations for all the hairs I wanted. When I eventually logged on to Second Life in the evening I teleported into the Blonde Sim, and did area searches for all the hairs on my "Blonde" list. I did the same for Brunette, Redhead, and Noirette. I didn't teleport to the other sims, I tried to walk or fly into the other sims. Thanks to whoever made the decision to allow fly! It helped with getting around and fighting lag. I was vastly surprised when I only spend about an hour (maybe a bit longer, but definitely not an hour and a half) getting into the event and doing all my shopping. Last year when I went I was at the Hair Fair for 2+ hours, which lead me to prepare and plan everything.

Outfit: Pixicat Aquatic Dress @Collabor88, Hair: Analog Dog Bangers GIFT @HairFair, Shoes: Fri.Day Ursula @Collabor88, Ring: Aisling The Good Wife, Skin: Glam Affair December II, Eyes: IKON Charm and Redgrave Natural6 Lashes, Slink Hands and Feet, Whatever Mesh Fang Teeth

Season's Story opened last Friday, and I didn't get as buy crazy as I did at the other events. The sim is gorgeous, it all looks like mermaid ruins, and who doesn't like to shop and fun places? I spent a bit of linden "playing" the Zenith gacha. I really wanted a bodysuit/swimsuit which is the rare item. I also played another gacha by SWaGGa for some flippers. I recently bought a wet suit by Meli Imako and the flippers match so well!! Now I can go snorkeling and adventuring underwater in Second Life while not being a mermaid... Who am I kidding, I will still be a mermaid~  I didn't really buy much else at Season's Story. I think after this past weekend I am all shopped out.

Outfit: Meli Imako Women's Wetsuit, Flippers: [SWaGGa] Flippers @Season'sStory, Necklace: Maxi Gossamer Vintage Race Whistle, Henna: Letis Mehndi, Hair: Truth Benita, Skin: Glam Affair Yolandi, Eyes: IKON Charm and Redgrave Natural6 Lashes, Slink Hands and Feet, Whatever Mesh Fang Teeth

Long post for today. There are lots of other great items at Season's Story, but nothing really big that I felt I needed to share. I will be sure to put more items and such from these events in upcoming posts. Happy Sunday everyone! Enjoy your cuppa and the rest of your weekend.


SURLS:

Collabor88:    http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/8%208/54/199/1090

Hair Fair:    links in the post

Season's Story:    http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/The%20Seasons%20Story/213/158/1

No comments:

Post a Comment