Sunday, July 5, 2015

Wintergreen for a Wild Brew

Happy Sunday! I hope everyone had a great weekend, and a wonderful July 4th. Lots to be excited about in the States--it is finally legal for all people to get married to whoever they love! So proud right now of my country's Supreme Court. Cheers everyone!

Outfit: Zenith Minority Long Dress @Uber, Hair: Truth Lyric, Necklace: Pekka Third Eye, Nose Ring: Yummy Diamond Flower Nose Ring, Ring: Aisling The Good Wife, Skin: Glam Affair Katra, Eyes: Redgrave Catgreen and Natural6 Lashes, Slink Hands and Feet

Uber opened on Friday last week and the theme for this month is Rustic. Truth does not have a hair out for this month, but I have a suspicion...since Uber's 1st Birthday is coming up, I am thinking Truth Hawks is creating an extra gorgeous and awesome hair for the event. Anyway, the theme this month is Rustic. It reminds me of cowboys, the untamed wilderness, and my mother's family(her whole family is from Southern Virginia...Appalachian Mountain people). I will admit not to being much of a country girl. I don't like country music but I do enjoy some folk bluegrass; I love nature but hate camouflage print; I love to shoot but hate hunting; I love to fish but suck cleaning my catch. I am going to go ahead and say, for Rustic I can see it with a lot of the items, but for some of the outfits I don't see rustic at all.

Outfit: Pixicat Rustic Shirt and Skirt @Uber, Shoes: Reign Gabbi Plats, Hair: Truth Hair Ishya, Jewelry: Yummy Spring Garden Necklace and Ring @N21, Skin: Glam Affair Katra, Eyes: Redgrave Catgreen and Natural6 Lashes, Slink Hands and Feet

Zenith has a really nice dress that looks more bohemian to me than rustic, but it is fun and fits really well. I ended up buying the red dress because I liked the gold trim on the bottom better than the trim on the lighter colored dresses. Baiastice has a dress that also does not look very rustic. It is simple, and, in my opinion, pretty--it isn't very rustic. It is a simple floor length dress, very slim fit with spaghetti straps, and has a simple design at the bottom. I would not call this dress rustic by any means, it is more simplistic than rustic.

Pixicat has a fun two piece outfit with a fun lace skirt and a denim top. It is mix and match so you pick your shirt and skirt. Also ISON has a gorgeous....GORGEOUS lace off-shoulder dress that looks good in heels and in boots. I love this dress. LOVE it. I have it paired with some star-studded boots I bought a while ago from Shiny Shabby. I knew I bought those boots for a reason, and this dress is it!

Outfit: ISON Off-Shoulder Dress @Uber, Shoes: RebelGal Starry-Eyed Leather Bootv2, Hair: Truth Katra, Necklace: CAE Phases, Ring: Aisling The Good Wife, Bangles: Zaara Banjara Kada, Skin: Glam Affair Ellie, Lip Gloss: Mudskin YumYum Dark, Eyes: Redgrave Catgreen and Natural6 Lashes, Slink Hands

I hope all of you have a great rest of your weekend and a wonderful week. Season's Story should be opening soon for it's Summer round and I am intrigued to see what fun items the creators have done. Enjoy the rest of your cuppa~ Hugs and Smooches.


SURL:

Uber:    http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Uber/130/255/33

No comments:

Post a Comment