Sunday, August 2, 2015

Fundraisers and Tea Parties.... Let's make this a thing~

Happy Sunday everyone!!! I have been trying to better balance my time this week, and it has been a challenge with my work schedule being hectic once again.  Even though I haven't been on Second Life as much this past week, I still have been to a few events. One of the events really gets to my heartstrings, as I am sure it will get to yours' as well.



The Lexi Project is a fundraiser to help Lexi Zelin, owner of RedAngel Couture, who has been diagnosed with Stage Three Hodgkin's Lymphoma. She has a little girl and does not work, besides in Second Life, and she needs help paying her medical bills. What has really touched me in regards to this fundraiser is the amount of people in Second Life coming together to help this person who many have not even met before. There are over 350 designers/creators at the event so far, and while I was there last Sunday afternoon I saw some people still setting up. All items for sale at the event contribute 100% to Lexi. And if you don't want to purchase anything, there are donation kiosks located throughout the area. You can also donate to Lexi's GoFundMe page. How beautiful to see such community in Second Life. So many people coming together to help Lexi, who is a stranger to many of us, at least to me she is. I am not familiar with herself or her store, but when I saw there was a fundraiser and read her story, I had to go and help. 

When my father went into the hospital, almost two years ago, he went in uninsured and the bills were piling up. I took on extra shifts at work to help pay bills for my mom; my sister also worked more hours to help pay for things. Family, immediate and distant, and friends all came together to help us while my dad was in the hospital--and they continue to help even now while he is recovering. I know what it is like when someone you love is sick and has medical bills that seem like they are never ending. My mom and dad would not be where they are, and my father would not be here today, without people's prayers, positive thoughts, love, and kindness. So, when I saw Project Lexi, I had to contribute.

Outfit: Emery Camila top and Kerr Jeans @Uber, Hair: NEW Truth Ami @Uber, Shoes: Anachron Jeweled Slippers @TheLexiProject, Necklace: Yummy Hamsa, Ring: CAE Anniversary, Nosering: Yummy Kelly Septum, Bangles: Noodles Positivity Bangles, Clutch: Zaara Patchwork, Skin: Glam Affair Fiona @Uber, Eyes: IKON Charm and Redgrave Natural6 Lashes, Slink Hands and Feet

I only bought a necklace and some slippers, but I made sure to make a straight donation to one of the kiosks. A pair of jeweled slippers by Anachron matched an outfit I bought from Uber created by Emery. It is a long tank-top which has a split down the front. At first I thought it looked silly, but when I looked at the ad and saw the matching jeans to go with it I didn't think it looked silly at all. I bought the ombre blue/purple top, and these jeweled slippers from the Lexi Project look nice paired with it. To me it looks almost like lounge wear or like fun causal wear. I really like the look paired with the new Truth Hair this round. Pixicat does have a dress and sweater combo at Uber, but I didn't buy it due to having similar dresses already... I am trying hard to curb my buying. The theme for Uber is Street. I got a very Urban feel from all the creators. So A+ to them for really keeping with the theme. I am not much of an urban girl, even though I do live in a city. 

I hope everyone has a wonderful rest of their Sunday and a great week! Please check out The Lexi Project. There are over 350 designers, and I know there is something there for everyone. If you don't want to buy anything you give a straight donation to a kiosk located around the venue, and even if you don't donate please send out positive thoughts for Lexi and her family. Hugs and Smooches Tea Readers~


SURLS:

The Lexi Project:    http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Industrial%20Port/144/130/350
       For more information on The Lexi Project please click here.

Uber:    http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Uber/130/255/33

No comments:

Post a Comment