Sunday, June 28, 2015

Turkish Tea by the Sea

Happy Sunday everyone! I hope this week has been fun and exciting for you all! Man, the summer just really officially started and I feel like I am running a mile a minute. But I would rather keep busy then have nothing going on. On with this week's post~

Bikini: Glam Affair Angelina @Summerfest, Hair: NEW Truth Bronwyn, Skin: Glam Affair Yolandi @Summerfest, Eyes: Redgrave Catgreen and Natural6 Lashes, Slink Hands and Feet, Whatever Fang Teeth

So last year, I went to an event called The Summerfest, and I don't know if it was the first event or if it has been an established annual event. This year when it opened I was quite excited because I enjoy summer/nautical things. When I first went last year it was super easy to get in and there was no lag, but when I went the event had already been open a while. This time I went opening day and there was a lot of lag. Despite the lag the set up is fun and so beachy--it made me want to lay out or play in a pool. There are lots of home items, accessories, and clothing at this event. I only bought outfits when I went the first time because I was a woman on a mission. The lag was horrible so I had to use area search to find the items I saw listed on Seraphim. I plan on going back to look at home items for my new place since it is a beach set up.

There are only a few outfits I bought, I bought two dresses by Pixicat which come with a hud to do a solid color or a tropical print (I bought the white dresses because with and without the print it looks gorgeous). I also bought a swimsuit/cover/hat set by Valentina. The kimono overlay/cover is pretty, but kind of "thick" looking... Like it reminds me of a thick robe, not really a light swimsuit cover. Overall though, it is a fun relaxing look with the hat included (or you can buy each piece separately). Glam Affair also has a bikini out--it is very simple and I like the cut. There are a lot of swimsuits/ bikinis and such at the event, so if you don't have one.......You need to get one.

Bikini: Valentina Hedonist @Summerfest, Hair: Tableau Vivant Sunkissed @Summerfest, Skin: Glam Affair Katra, Eyes: Redgrave Catgreen, Slink Hands and Feet, Whatever Fang Teeth

Now, time for me to do an embarrassing admission.... I bought a gorgeous one piece swimsuit and coverall by Maitreya. The swimsuit is very sexy and classy, and the cover-up comes with two options (see through and solid).You want to know the embarrassing part...... The set is specifically for the Maitreya Mesh Body; it does not work with the system body. So guess who has to buy the body to wear the outfit? This girl~ I knew I would have to break down and buy a body. This just gives me extra ammunition to buy one. I have The Mesh Project's free mesh body for nude shoots, but I think I will now definitely have to break down and buy Maitreya's body.

Okay, so Shiny Shabby also opened on Saturday and I didn't end up buying a lot from the event. I only bought an outfit by GizzA. It is a tank-top and trouser set that looks very relaxed and almost loungey. I saw the preview on Facebook for it, and I ended up getting the white set (it is my favorite color). It pairs really well with some color, so I have a Labradorite ring, some Aquamarine jewelry from Zaara, and some blue high heels with it. It is very subtle and I think it adds a lot of sophistication for a lounge set.

Outfit: GizzA Vicky Tank and Trouser @ShinyShabby, Shoes: Eudora Darya Wedges, Ring: Aphorism Bijou , Jewelry: Zaara Atiriya Stone set, Hair: NEW Truth Lyric, Skin: Glam Affair Katra, Eyes: Redgrave Catgreen and Natural6 Lashes, Slink hands and Feet

Some other events opened up over the weekend and this past week, but I will go into more depth next week...I have to keep you interested somehow~ I hope you all have a great week and enjoy your Sunday my lovely Tea Readers. Go have a cuppa.


SURLS:

Summerfest '15:    http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Endless%20Summer/130/133/31


Shiny Shabby:    http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Old%20Lighthouse/131/127/21


No comments:

Post a Comment