Sunday, February 22, 2015

Wearing Lace and Drinking Tea

Happy Sunday everyone. I hope you all had a wonderful Valentine's Day and, you were able to get to the Love Is In the Air Fair and With Love Fair. This past week The Liaison Collaborative, Kustom9, and Genre opened.



The Liaison Collaborative's theme is Lace and Leather, and I really do love all the lace accents and outfits this round.  I am a huge fan of lace. Lumiere has a lace dress with shear lace sleeves and the overall style and cut of the dress is so elegant. I had to buy it as soon as I saw it. Also EarthStones has a bracelet cuff that is metal and leather--there is a pattern in the cuff that is reminiscent of lace.  I had to buy the cuffs as well.  Zenith also has rings and clutches at TLC, I didn't buy the rings because I thought they were too gaudy, but the leather clutches are cute and simple.  Also, Wicked Peach has a sexy mask (it comes in a tattoo layer) called "lace mask"... It is really sexy and adds a bit of elegance and mystery to any lingerie or outfit you may have. I had to buy it when I saw it.

Dress: Lumiere Lace Dress @TheLiaisonCollaborative, Shoes: Fri.Cora Heels(former Collabor88), skin: Glam Affair December II Jamaica (former Uber), Hair: Tableau Vivant Writer Hair Dark Blonde, Necklace: Maxi Gossamer ForgetMeNot Flower Heart Gold, Bangle: Earthstones Aviellce Beauty @TheLiaisonCollaborative, Eyes: Redgrave Catgreen and Natural Eyelashes, Ring: Aisling The Good Wife, Earrings: Glam Affair Romantic @Kustom9, Slink Casual Hands and High Feet, Whatever Fang Teeth

Kustom9 opened on Sunday and there are LOTS of separate pieces available again this round.  I did buy a dress and necklace combo by Zenith. It is floor length and sweater material.  The necklace is a dream catcher and the combo is so relaxed and dreamy. The arms in the dress are at the sides in pockets, so no arm movement with this dress; it still looks really well with my AO and I think if you don't have an exaggerated body movements with your AO (bending over, dramatic leg kicks, and such) you should be fine.

Dress: Zenith Comfy Sweater Dress @Kustom9, Necklace: Zenith Feather Dream Catcher in Gold @Kustom9, Shoes: Fri. Brienne Flats in Gray, Hair: Truth Vida, Skin: Glam Affair Ellie Skin Jamaica (former Kawaii Project), Eyes: Redgrave Catgreen and Natural Lashes, Whatever Fang Teeth and Slink Flat Feet

Genre's theme this month is The Dark Arts, so very witchy (like Wiccan) and somewhat mystical.  I didn't end up buying anything there...at least not yet. I did see a few outfits I could use for my Anti Avatar, so I will definitely be checking back later. Just a quick FYI if you are a Harry Potter fan, I am a HUGE fan, there is a dress by Whimey for the event. It is called Nagini, and it is a simple sleeveless dress with a snake wrapping around the bodice. I liked it, but then Nagini's character in the book always freaked me out. One thing the creator did that was very funny/disturbing to me is the colors for the dress are in the House colors.... Funny, but a bit disturbing...



 As you all know, each round is good till the last drop. So take the landmarks and get your shop on, whether it is window-shopping or doing a good bit of damage to your wallet. Hugs and Smooches~


SURLS:

The Liaison Collaborative:    http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Fall/197/180/24

Kustom9:    http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Mingle/125/75/26

Genre:    http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Analog%20Dog%20Hair/31/227/3259

No comments:

Post a Comment