Sunday, November 9, 2014

Who Doesn't Enjoy a Good Herbal Tea?

Hey everyone! I wasn't going to post this week, due to mild disappointment with some of the new rounds, but Collabor88 opened Saturday, yesterday, and I have to blog about it!!!




Okay, last week when I said I was looking forward to all the new rounds opening up, I wasn't lying. I was really excited about them. FaMESHed, Uber, We <3 Role-Play, and such.....held so much promise...but alas they were not as amazing as I was hoping.  FaMESHed had a few items I really liked--Zenith has an oversized sweater that is cute, it was hard to pair it with mesh bottoms, but I managed to get find something decent to go with it. The one item I really liked was by LaGyo, a Hamsa jewelry set. Now the necklace is really pretty, but for me the earrings leave something to be desired, after pairing it with a beautiful hamsa, the earrings look like blah in comparison.  Erratic  also has a very pretty coat out at FaMESHed, and I did pick that up. It looks like it is something to keep you perfectly warm on a romantic winter autumn night out.

Uber....Uber....Uber..... This month's theme at Uber is Macabre, and to me Macabre seemed very promising. There is so much you can do with death. It doesn't have to be horrific and bloody. And at least to me there is much potential in Macabre, but some of the designers left SO MUCH to be desired.  I did get the leather long sleeved shirt by [Foxy], the hair by Wasabi Pills, and I even got the white dress by Fishy Strawberry...but like I mentioned earlier...so much left to be desired. I left the event somewhat disappointed.  I have seen people across the grid in some of the items from Uber, and I am glad everyone else is enjoying the Macabre. Alas, I will have to wait for next round to be uber impressed.





We <3 Role-Play opened up earlier this week, and again, another wave of disappointment for me, BUT I had so much fun at the Mystic Realms Faire and the designers had so much amazing stuff, I feel like I have to cut them some slack.  I can't compare the next year's rounds of WHRP to Mystic Realms...I can't. So, I only ended up getting some poses and a Chinese/Korean-Bindi-type thing at the event.  I am going to go back in a week or two to check it out again, hopefully with a clearer mind.

There were some other events that have opened up that were given a lot of Promotion on Facebook and by some designers..... Sad November and Xiasumi School Festival.... Sad November was...sad. The sim was designed amazingly! And there were a TON of shops and designers there. I only ended up getting a fang tooth attachment from [whatever].  And for the Xiasumi School Festival.....I got a fox pet-companion.... But for those two events, I know the styles of the outfits were just not my style, so it was legitimately a ME thing, others seem to really like the events, and I am always excited to see people across the grid in the items I have seen at these events.  As I always do with events like this, I go back through the month to see if there was anything I missed or if anything else catches my eye.

skin: Glam Affair Skye India1 @Collabor88, teeth: [whatever] teeth Fangs 2.0 @Sad November, Hair: Tableau Vivant Wicca, Necklaces: Schandenfreude Alchemy Necklaces @Collabor88, outfit: GizzA Nordic Outfit @Chapter Four, Boots: LaRoo Riding Boots, Eyes: Redgrave Catgreen, Nails: Slink Avatar Enhancement(with nail polish  by (NO) called feathers @Collabor88), Bangles: Zaara Banjara Kada stacked, Ring: Earthstones Splendid Love

Finally, the big event for me this week...COLLABOR88!!!! Okay, please go check it out. I mentioned briefly at the end of last week's blog Modern Alchemist was going to be exciting see....and the designers did NOT disappoint.  Zaara is one of the guests at the event this round, and I broke down and bought the fatpack of the jewelry she released.  Necklaces and bracelets/bangles......amazing.  So worth it. And the items are at a discounted rate again just for the event. So be sure to pick them up while they are discounted.  Glam Affair has some skins out at the event, like they normally do, and the India skin-toned Skye is Gorgeous! I am wearing the skin in all the pictures, and I think I might have to make this one of my normal go-to skins.  Also, there is a necklace set by Schandenfreude, necklaces of different lengths you can wear together and pair up with of astrological symbols and such. LOVE THEM! At 88$L I bought a few....but I am going to go back for more!!! Also the hairs at this round.....None of them disappoint. I bought three of them. I went a little Linden happy at the event when I was finally able to teleport in.



Also Chapter Four is open, and there are some cute outfits there this round.  I am wearing in the pictures the dress by GizzA.  There are other cute Fall/Autumn items there. So if you get the free time, and have some extra Linden, go check it out.


SURLS:

Collabor88:    http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/8%208/41/178/1090

FaMESHed:    http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Fresco/173/168/36

Uber:    http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Uber/131/127/27

Chapter Four:    http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Dreamlove/89/133/1237

Sad November:    http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Taj%20Mahal/144/66/26

Xiasumi School Festival:    http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/snackpack/102/54/22

No comments:

Post a Comment