Sunday, November 2, 2014

Something Wicked This Way Comes

I hope everyone had a happy Halloween and that you all have a happy Dia de los Muertos!  Earth did a great job with her guest post last Sunday, and I just wanted to thank her. Hopefully she will be able to do more guest posts for me.  Go ahead and put on the kettle, it's going to be a long post.

Now time for the awesome stuff. Utopia has a new Halloween outfit (one of the colors is set at a special group price of around 599L$) and it is more of a Dia de los Muertos. The dress is purple, and it is modeled after La Calavera Catrina, or the elegant skull. Saby Claire came out with a few different colors, but the purple/teal one is the one I bought due to the discounted price.  I really like candied skulls, and I like La Calavera Catrina style. And it is funny because this year in Real Life I will be dressing up as a candied skull, so this was a great way to combine my Real Life with my Second Life...granted I will probably look more put together in Second Life than in Real Life...not that great at drawing, but I will do my best.



The outfit won't be have the special group price for long, so if you are a member, go now. If you are not a member of Saby's Claire's Utopia group, the price to join is 500L$ one time only. For me the price to join was worth it for the quality of the outfits and for the quality of the group gifts.  As you know I am willing to pay the price for a great quality item, and the outfits at Utopia are well worth it...at least for me they are.

So, I have a short little story to add to this week's blog post. I haven't done a story in a while, so it is long overdue. Lately I have been trying to put myself "out there" more. I have been craving people interaction. Normally when I log on, I go straight to fashion events, look around, and sometimes I talk to friends who are on.  This past weekend I went to the first annual Making Strides Against Breast Cancer Walk.  I saw a post on my Google+ feed posted by Second Life's Destination Guide, and as I was looking through the event's website I decided what a great way to give to the American Cancer Society and meet people.  If your kettle is whistling, take it off, and get ready to steep.

Outfit: Utopia Khalida Purple Candy Skull complete outfit with Sugarskull Tattoo C, Hair: Truth Thalia, Shoes: N-core Noir Intense; Eyes: Redgrave Catgreen

I ended up going around 11:45 SLT. I caught the end of the survior and caregiver walk. I wore a jogging suit by Gizza Creations, and I had a pair of earbuds in that I later changed the color of to pink.  I didn't walk, I ran the whole time, figured if I don't run much in Real Life, I could run in Second Life.  I was there for about two hours running. I saw quite a lot of people, but I didn't talk to anyone who were at the event, but I put myself out there. I have talked to a few friends in the last few weeks, and one friend in particular who I think completely understands why I am the way I am when it comes to new people. He and I were talking and we have found we are both more shy when it comes to meeting new people due to past experiences in Second Life. Unfortunately, some people bring drama from Real Life into Second Life and try to ruin the game for people. My friend stated we are both just more cautious when it comes to meeting new people due to our past dealings with "drama" and we are just trying to protect ourselves from strangers. Steep your tea, let it soak the flavors.

Outfit: GizzA Work Out White with Sneakers, Hair: Truth Honey, Earbuds: Volmaak

I miss the new days of joining Second Life, where you meet what seems like lots of people at a time, and you all friend each other and you spend time discovering and talking all night getting to know one another.  Alas, my friend is right, as you spend more time on the game, sometimes your get burned by people. So as to help myself gain back the "new" feel, I have been trying to put myself out there. So I did the Making Strides walk.  After I got done with the walk, I visited another friends SIM, and I met a member of his family who I got to talking to and we both ended up going to The Woods club and dancing. I am excited about putting myself out there to meet more people.  I want to regain some of that "I am new" feeling.

Back to the fashion, most of the rounds are closed and won't be open until later this week for the month of November.  Please take the time now to save up.  Mystic Realms fair closed last Monday, and I was so thankful to everyone who helped put that event together, and I can hardly wait for next year's!  Uber has started (theme is Macabre), We <3 Role-Play should be starting up soon again, FaMESHed should begin soon, and the next round of Collabor88 (which I am totally stoked for. It is  Modern Alchemist) starts on the 8th. Save your Lindens, get your lists ready, and drink your cuppa.  This is going to be another busy month! Only a few more weeks till Christmas!

Happy Halloween and Dia de los Muertos!



SURLS:

Utopia:    http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Gienah/171/72/23

GizzA:    http://slurl.com/secondlife/GizzA%20Creations/128/129/22

Uber:    http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Uber/130/255/33

No comments:

Post a Comment