Sunday, April 26, 2015

Russian Caravan with Cream Please

Hello my Tea Readers! I hope this week has been awesome. I have had a crazy weather week...and the weekend decided to have a down pour so I am just staying in with the windows opened a little to let in the fresh rain scent. And as you probably guessed, I am having a cuppa.


This week's post is about Shiny Shabby, which opened on Monday with a Russian theme. I know I got excited, and it wasn't about the fashion so much as it was for this really really REALLY pretty Russian tea set by 8f8.  You can buy the individual pieces, but I would recommend buying the whole set because it comes with an extra silver/white set for free (two for the price of one is always a good bargain).  Once I bought the tea set I went exploring around and let me tell you, the colors and the patterns....just wow. I would of never thought there would be so much color and variety, but it makes sense...Russia covers two continents and like has 11 time zones.

Dress: E-Clipse Zara Jans Jeans @ShinyShabby, Shoes: Essenz Mumbai, Necklace and Earrings: EarthStones Vintage Romance, Ring: Random Matter Daphne, Violin: Zenith Vintage Violin @ShinyShabby, Hair: Truth Freya, Skin: Glam Affair Katra, Skin: Glam Affair Katra, Eyes: Redgrave Catgreen Natural6 Lashes, Slink hands and feet

I really liked this dress by EClipse Design... It is just a really gorgeous detailed jacket with a simple white dress under it. It isn't long, and it isn't short. I just really like the way it looks and the fit. I have it paired with a vintage jewelry set from EarthStones and a violin I won from Zenith at the event. Zenith's gacha has home pieces (side tables and frames) as the commons, and a dress as rare-I suspect the dress is an Ultra Rare because I won the two other rares multiple times before I even got to the dress. The dress is a pale pink, simple, and a period piece. It says it is Nineteenth century, and I can totally see it in the cut and style of the dress. Let me just say I spent a TON of Linden$ trying to win this dress, and it is so worth every single one.  And I think the surprise piece which I knew I would like, but didn't think I would get as much use out of it as I have, is the violin. It is one of the rares, and surprisingly it can go with any outfit.  I have it paired with my outfit EClipse and let me tell you...well you can see it! It looks awesome.



I bought some shoes at the event by Essenz; the gems on the sandals are really big and stand out and are just awesome.  And I think I have heard or read somewhere Russian gemstones are of a great quality and their emeralds are really popular....but I would have to double check.  And before I go an a tangent about gems, Breathe has a dress at Shiny Shabby which reminds me of a classic tea dress. There are lots of color combinations and she even has some floral prints. There is also a dress by GizzA, which has lots of floral print options, but for some reason this dress just didn't do it for me. I like the cut but I think the patterns kind of throw me.  I don't know if it is because it reminds me of upholstery fabric or if it is just the colors. And this surprises me, since I LOVE floral prints. I don't know...maybe it is the combination of the dress cut and the floral print. Maybe if the cut was different, or the print was different...

Dress: Zenith Nineteenth Century Long Skirt @ShinyShabby, Necklace and Earrings: EarthStones Vintage Romance, Ring: Random Matter Daphne, Hair: Truth Nathalia, Skin: Glam Affair Amberly Lovely Day former Collabor88, Eyes: Redgrave Catgreen and Natural6 Lashes, Slink Hands

Overall, this event is a must. Just for the colors and patterns and I think you can see how much variety there is to Russian Culture.  I hope the rest of your weekend is as relaxing as mine. Hugs and Smooches~

**Please note that while I wrote this, quite a few creators were MIA, so don't forget to check back a few times to see if you missed anything**

SURL:

Shiny Shabby:     http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Old%20Lighthouse/131/127/21

No comments:

Post a Comment