Sunday, July 13, 2014

Need to Relax, Try Some Lavender

This week's post is going to be about relaxation. Real Life, and sometimes unfortunately Second Life, can be stressful at times for everyone. I know when I get stressed, and I know this is a problem of itself, I like to go shopping. The act of actually searching for something, hunting for the perfect outfit or item (in Real Life and Second Life) relaxes me-to the point where I actually get tired and have to take a nap.  Now normally a good cup of Lavender tea or a cup of Relax by Tazo (if you haven't tried a cup of "Relax" tea by Tazo, next time you go to a Target or a store that has Tazo's, Starbucks for example, please buy a box. When you get stressed, make a cuppa. It will calm you) can calm me down, and making a good cup takes time, which allows me to reflect on what has been going on, so when I get to my cuppa, I start to feel better and am ready to face Life again head on... But for the really hard days, for the days my stress level hits certain limits, shopping, and putting together the new outfits relaxes me. Is your kettle on? Better go put on your favorite kettle; I know mine is on.

Skin-Redgrave Fairy Vampire Skin-Bella-#11, Hair- Truth Junia dark black, swimsuit-FOREVER SUMMER black bikini top and bottom, Sunglasses-Utopia Brigitta (wine), lipstick- Redgrave #6 -BloodRed-, eyes- NoirOptix Pale Violet, necklace-Amorous-Ankh necklace, eyelashes- Redgrave 16 Elemental, cover up- Lagniappe Beach Mesh Cover
This week hasn't been particularly more stressful than others, but lots of new rounds started for a few different groups to whom I adore, and I was excited to get to venues to see all the new gorgeous items. First, I want to apologize for talking a lot about Collabor88's theme being Nautical last Sunday, because on Tuesday they changed for a new round, whose theme is Safari. If you were excited to go and see the Nautical themed outfits and items, and arrived and saw lots of giraffes and natural colors instead of seaside colors and sea stars, it is my fault. I forgot the Collabor88 rounds change on the 8th of every month. My fault for not mentioning.  Back to the new round of Collabor88, Safari.  I am not an animal print person, and I was very surprised to see very little outfits with animal print! Everything is in nature tones, the outfits vary from dresses to shorts and tops; lots of different kind of shoes to be had, for both slink and non-slink feet. I was most surprised by the designer Zenith being there! Zenith for those of you who do not know, is an amazing designer, one of my favorites. When I saw the new dress out at Collabor88, I immediately bought the dress and the purse. So very lovely. It is a long, almost maxi, looking dress with a fabric belt wrapped around the middle with a flower (you can also change the color of the flower). The bag comes in different colors of leather/suede and you can change the fabric pattern to something very tribal or to something very simple and floral. I also ended up buying an outfit not typical of me, I bought a safari outfit. The outfit is by Tres Blah, and it is so versatile, it is a must see (for me it was a must have). This brings me to Season's Story.

Season's Story is a fabulous event that I recently found out about in the Spring. It comes out only once per season, and this season's round is out. Zaara, whom I feel everyone knows I LOVE, has a new dress out at Season's Story. And it shouldn't be too crowded now since it came out on Thursday. There are still some designers who have yet to set up, and I am looking forward to see their items. Zenith also has a gotcha machine out for cute animal purses. There are outfits for ladies and for gentleman, and items for homes and gardens. A very lovely apple orchard/farm sim set up. Very nice. Going through all the designers' stations was so therapeutic.  Please take the kettle off the stove, and try to slowly steep your tea; you want it perfect, don't you?


Skin-Redgrave Fairy Vampire Skin-Bella-#11, Hair- Truth Junia dark black, swimsuit-FOREVER SUMMER black bikini top and bottom, Sunglasses-Utopia Brigitta (wine), lipstick- Redgrave #6 -BloodRed-, feet, Noya Bare flat feet
Like I said, this week hasn't been more stressful than other, but shopping at these new rounds kept be balanced in a way. I was so relaxed while shopping, and putting together my new outfits.  I was able to check out some other places as well to see what they had before their new rounds started, but I didn't find anything of particular interest. What I really want to talk about as a stress reliever for me on Second Life, which I was able to do yesterday...all day.  I went shopping for a new summer swim suit, for a different look I have. While trying to find this new summer suit for my different look, I had to go hunting for a new hair, new swim suit, I even bought new mesh feet from NOYA. I was able after playing with my look all day, to get it, what I feel is, perfect. And the picture from above and below show a hard days work.

To me it was so relaxing to shop, edit, and to create this outfit/look.  I am even having fun running around in it. At the end of the day, when I was done, I felt good...and sleepy.  Now, yesterday I did not only just find this new look. I have a Real Life, too. But I had so much fun putting this look together, and it made me lose my sense of time and it allowed me to not focus on the stresses of Real Life or Second Life. It could be seen as a form of meditation....Okay, maybe that is a big stretch, but you get the idea. Next week, I plan on talking more about my different look, because yesterday was not the first time this new "persona" was seen. I had created it long before...At least the basics for it. Thanks for reading, now go enjoy your cuppa.

Skin-Redgrave Fairy Vampire Skin-Bella-#11, Hair- Truth Junia dark black, swimsuit-FOREVER SUMMER black bikini top and bottom, Sunglasses-Utopia Brigitta (wine), lipstick- Redgrave #6 -BloodRed-, sunglasses- Utopia Brigitta (wine). eyes- NoirOptix Pale Violet, necklace-Amorous-Ankh necklace, eyelashes- Redgrave 16 Elemental, cover up- Lagniappe Beach Mesh Cover, bracelet- Yumyums Sailors Token

No comments:

Post a Comment