Saturday, March 12, 2016

Pick Your Leaves for a Perfect Blend

Hello my wonderful Tea Readers! I have made it safely to my vacation destination, and have promptly been soaking up as much sunshine as I possibly can. It was a LONG drive, but I made it! Yay! Enough about me, I know you want to know about the Arcade.

Dress: Pixicat Karma nr1 @TheArcade, Hair: Oleander Chanmi @TheArcade, Familiar: Birdy Magical Menagerie Griffon, Freckles: Stellar Rainbow freckles, Eyebrows: Oleander Jelly Baby Eyebrows with  Eyebrow Glitter @TheArcade, Skin: Glam Affair Katra, Eyes: IKON Charm and Redgrave Natural6 Lashes, Maitreya Lara Mesh Body

The Arcade opened on March 1st with what seems like a million creators. I don't know how many creators usually participate, but this round has 99 vendors and it seems massive. My list had a lot more items than normal. I did things a little different this time....and by little I mean A LOT. I actually bought all my items from yardsales. I didn't even go into the event itself. I had liked a link on plurk for places doing yardsales (yardsales are places people sell their extra gacha items) for this round of The Arcade, and I just teleported and "Area Searched". It took me a while, but I found everything I wanted. And I know I saved more Linden shopping this way. I even bought a few Rares for a decent amount! I was ecstatic.

Birdy was the first on my list with the cute menagerie animals. I really wanted the gryphon, and it took me a while to find one at the yardsales, but I found one. And I love him. And I have named him Phillip. He is mine. It comes with a familiar to hold, a collectors card for the free book you can get at the actual Arcade, and a decorative figurine to put in a cabinet or to set out as, you guessed it, decor. There are owls, sheep, dragons, the gryphons, and a phoenix. I really did like the gryphon, but all the animals are adorable. And everyone knows I am a sucker for cute companions/familiars. Which brings me to Pixicat.

Dress: Pixicat Karma nr2 @TheArcade, Hair: Exile Wink @TheArcade, Familiar: Pixicat Karma Elephant Companion Rare @TheArcade, Necklace: Reverie Box of Charms Victorian Heiress Rare @TheArcade, Freckles: Stellar Rainbow freckles, Eyebrows: Oleander Jelly Baby Eyebrows with  Eyebrow Glitter @TheArcade, Skin: Glam Affair Katra, Eyes: IKON Charm and Redgrave Natural6 Lashes, Slink Hands and Feet

Pixicat had a fun gacha out this round. The gacha is called Karma, and there are short and long dresses which have a Moroccan pattern. There are some cute elephant figures, and a Rare companion. The elephants come in black and colored. The colored elephants remind me of the painted elephants in India. Super cute, and super little. I bought the Rare elephant companion, and it is just too cute having a painted elephant follow you around everywhere.

Jian has a fun release which brought me back to my nerdy childhood. DINOSAURS. I remember watching dinosaur documentaries and shows when I was little. And my twin sister and I would just be engrossed with the tv. It was an easy way for our parents to get us to calm down and sit still for a while. Anyway, when I saw the previews for Jian's dinosaurs I knew I had to get a few. She even named them after The Land Before Time! Adorable!! These dinos are not your normal familiars or companions-you actually ride them...so they are mounts. Even the pterodactyl flies! Like REALLY flies. I don't think it would matter which one you win/buy, I am sure you will like it!

Look at those Glittery Eyebrows! Gorgeous~

Oleander is out for the Arcade with a simple hairstyle. The hair is down, long, and has two small braids going partially down the sides. What is really cute about Oleander's gacha is the glitter eyebrows. I LOVE THEM! The eyebrows come in basic colors (black, brown, blonde, red, and a tintable), but the glitter add-ons. UGH! SO AWESOME. I love anything with glitter so these are just wonderful. I have tried the glitter add-on with my normal brows and they work just fine, be sure to try them out. Super cute.


So hopefully you will be able to get into the Arcade pretty easily since it has been open for a bit. If you don't want to risk spending a lot and are willing to "hunt" for the item you want, I recommend going to yardsales. I will post some links down below. Good Luck Tea Readers. May the Gacha Odds be forever in your favor~


SURLS:

The Arcade

YardsaleYardsales, More Yardsales


No comments:

Post a Comment