Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Mint Tea for the Soul



Rosh Hashanah starts Wednesday evening, and not many people know I come from a multi-religious household.  One of my sisters is Jewish, another is Buddhist, while I am Hindu. We have Catholic, Evangelical, and Agnostic cousins--my point, MulticulutralFamilyR'Us.  Overall, Holidays for us are all year round, not to mention Christmas time is always fun, sometimes hectic and confusing (but when is Christmas time not). Back to Rosh Hashanah, it is the beginning of the Jewish New Year.  For my family that means my sister makes a wonderful Jewish meal, the whole family comes over to my parent's house, and have dinner say prayers and have family time.  Our whole family celebrates each others' Religious Holidays.  My family really does break conventions and norms when it comes differing beliefs.  We are all about love, acceptance, and cuddle times.



I know I normally post on Sundays, they are my normal posting days, but since the Jewish New Year is this Wednesday evening, I thought why not do a Rosh Hashanah post. I can't lie, I have also been inspired by the fantastic photographer/blogger Strawberry Singh's posts on "Ethnicity in SL".  She is such an amazing photographer and blogger, I often go over to her blog for inspiration, for tips, and for laughs. Monday was her birthday, and I thought in her sort of honor, I would open up about my sort of "Ethnicity in SL" except it is more of multiculturalism in my Real Life, that filters into my Second Life...which goes in with Berry's Blogs.

Berry has done posts on Ramadan, and I was inspired by her most recent Ramadan post. So this is my Rosh Hashanah post...even though I am not Jewish, but this Holiday is still very important to my family and I.  So, take some time this week and appreciate your family, your culture, your religion, your life.  And let's all start this Jewish New Year right, stuffing our faces with amazing food, having laughs, and having good times! 


Dress: Zaara Anusha Striped Dress Sky, Shoes: LaRoo Medusa Pumps Mimosa, Hair: Truth Posy Blonde, Bindi: Lumae Minu (Genre), Necklace: Earthstones Mosaic Star of David, Crop Top: Peqe: Bali Shrug (Genre), Skin: Unique Megastore Ethnic India, Eyes: RegGrave Catgreen, Eyelashes: Redgrave Natural
Surls:

Genre:  http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Analog%20Dog%20Hair/30/198/3084
Location of pictures: Isreal Sim, http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/KnoWorld/214/250/52

No comments:

Post a Comment